Friday, February 5, 2016

What Have I Accomplished Today?

Note that I did not ask "What Have I Done Today?" For me, those two lists often have no correlation. Although technically, my occupation as a Professional Hypochondriac does not hold me accountable to actually accomplish anything in a day, I do seem to find a lot of things to occupy my time. At the end of each day, I am exhausted; but when I think of what I have done all day, I realized that I have accomplished relatively little.

If anyone is reading this, and you are unfamiliar with my description of my occupation as a Professional Hypochondriac, your unfamiliarity is probably due to the fact that I have not published that book yet. And I won't be able to publish it until I finish writing it. Aye, there's the rub.

Speaking of Shakespeare, or to be more accurate, writing of him -- quoting him actually: I don't know what the "rub" is, or why that phrase is a saying that has meaning to you, my dear reader, if you are in fact reading this. (If you are not reading this, that means I am only talking to myself, in which case you may be doubting my sanity. I have no doubts about my sanity -- I lost it years ago.)

What was I writing about when I so rudely interrupted myself? Oh yes, the rub. I won't be able to publish my book until I have finished writing it. Why is it so difficult for me to finish doing anything? Laziness, lack of focus, lack of accountability, the lack of water in my glass. . .

I could go on and on, and I generally do; but every once in a while I really should finish something and post it. The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment