Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 2 of daily blogs


It seems like only yesterday that I started back to daily blogging. That's a day longer than most things that I start. I really would love to be diligent and self disciplined, but I am not. I am a starter upper, not a finisher.

My first grade teacher saw this trait in me and commented on my report card that I was smart enough to do the work, but that I didn't hand in my school work at the end of class because I wanted it to be perfect. I remember grade 1 quite vividly: my desk neatly organized with all of my unfinished assignments nicely stacked in the corner. Pretty much still functioning the same way. I start a project, but get stalled by the second day because I want to do it perfectly, so I will leave it until that magical day when I have time to do it justice. Then I start a new project, and the cycle continues. I remember Derek coming home from work and I would have ten unfinished projects lying around the house. 

Twenty minutes went by so fast again. This daily blog thing might actually happen. It might nor actually say anything of value or interest to anyone, but it's finished.

2 comments: