Saturday, April 11, 2020

They may have been right after all....


Anybody remember writing Differential Aptitude Tests (DAT) in high school? 

I remember writing a DAT test when I was in the ninth grade. Basically, it's a tool for career planning. I had already decided that I wanted to be a teacher. Or a librarian. And a rock star. In grade nine I reasoned that I could teach during the school year, and spend the summer holidays touring with my band.

The results from my DAT test (I know that the T stands for test, so it is a bit redundant to call it a differential aptitude test test but that's what they called it. I don't make the rules.), anyways, they suggested that I could be a doctor or something in the medical field. I said, "ha" to that suggestion because "lol" hadn't been invented yet.

I didn't think I could possibly be a doctor or anything else in the medical field.  So I got my B ed, but I only taught for seven years, and then I had to quit that because of my health.

I got to thinking a while back, and made the connection, of my health problems and the career counselling way back in the ninth grade: I did have a career in the medical field! I am a full time, professional patient. It doesn't pay much, but the hours are pretty good. I can work from home or anywhere in the world, really.  So the DAT testing works after all. Huh.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment